IMAGE events are conducted for the benefit of SEG and AAPG members and interested parties to advance the geosciences, promote technology, and facilitate networking and collaboration between professionals within the world’s geosciences community.
AAPG and SEG value the participation of members and guests and want all event attendees to have an enjoyable and fulfilling experience. Accordingly, all attendees are expected to show respect and courtesy to other attendees throughout IMAGE and at all conference events, whether officially sponsored by the societies or not.
To make clear what is expected, all attendees and guests, speakers, exhibitors, organizers and volunteers at any IMAGE event are required to conform to the IMAGE Code of Conduct. The IMAGE volunteer leadership and staff will enforce this code throughout the event.
Code of Conduct
IMAGE is dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of conference participants in any form.
- All communication, whether casual or formal, should be appropriate for a professional audience including people of many different backgrounds.
- Be careful in the words that you choose. Remember that sexist, racist, and other exclusionary jokes can be offensive to those around you. Excessive swearing and offensive jokes are not appropriate at IMAGE events.
- Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate for any conference venue, including talks.
- Harassment includes offensive communication related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
- Be kind to others. Do not insult or put down other attendees. Behave professionally.
- Exhibitors are also subject to the anti-harassment policy and are required to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with the professional and business purposes of the show.
- Personnel and/or models contracted to assist in an exhibitor’s booth are required to wear appropriate attire. In particular, exhibitors should not use sexualized images, activities, or other material, and booth staff should not use sexualized clothing/uniforms/costumes, or otherwise create a sexualized environment.
- IMAGE reserves the right to make a final determination regarding what is acceptable and may remove persons from the exhibition floor that are not in compliance.
If a participant engages in behavior that violates this code of conduct, IMAGE reserves the right to take any action deemed appropriate, including warning the offender(s) or expelling the offender(s) from the conference with no refund.
If someone makes you or anyone else feel unsafe or unwelcome, please report the incident to a convention staff member as soon as possible. You can make a report either personally or anonymously via the online form.
If you have any questions or concerns, please notify a badged IMAGE Show Management staff member or call 1 800 898 2274.